10 Q&A’s to the creator of The Traveling Bartender: Mixology and Flair Mobile Bartender Service
1 Tell us 5 words that describe you.
Intelligent, adaptable, humble, creative, intuitive
2. What made you venture off your own and create your brand “The Traveling Bartender”?
After doing my first private event I fell in love with the experience so I started educating myself hours on different concepts, traveling around the United States experiencing different styles of craft cocktails.
3. How would you better describe your service?
A Houston Texas-based bartender service with an emphasis on great service and hospitality. We specialize in giving a great show by providing hand shared ice, a showcase of fire and flair, our focus craft cocktails.
4. What do you enjoy the most as a bartender? creating the drinks, flair, or customer service?
I have to say customer service is first, the guest experience is very important to us. Following Japanese hospitality or omotenashi. The entertainment portion such as flair has taken years of practice.
5. What has been the best experience on the road so far?
Being on the road I have the pleasure of meeting great people from around the world, with a love for the craft of bartending.
6. Where do you find inspiration to create the cocktails? are they customize to each event? or do you have a cocktail list?
As I travel I’ve learned many herbs, spices and exotic fruits can lead to an interesting story. With each event being different with custom menus or our seasonal menu that we prepare.
7. As an entrepreneur, you are not only a bartender but also a business owner, how do you manage to do it all?
God and a great team behind me.
8. What has been the most challenging thing about starting a new business?
Learning as I go without a manual, receiving and confirming leads.
9. What is the next step for you?
A line of Hawthorne strainers
10. If you were a cocktail, which one would you be?
My favorite, a cigar smoke-infused old fashion with handcrafted bitters.